Sunday, May 2, 2010

Activism Blog Week 8

Alexandria Bergeron
Jeannina Perez
4/9/2010
WST 3015


Another day a tabling came and went without a problem. We collected some names and enjoyed the nice weather. The day was very relaxing and I love getting to know the girls. Most of the stress I have is trying to figure out how to have a gown up conversation about my project with my boyfriend, how to have any conversation with my family, and how to balance my time to really put the time into the project. My boyfriend just purfers not to talk about the project because that is just the kinda guys he is. He supports the cause, and that I am active in it, but he is not interested in the process needed to be an activist. In our conversations, I have told him about the concept that we have discussed in class about finding your voice. Yes I am interested in finding my voice but for him, he doesn't feel that he needs to express his voice. I think that I am enjoying all the tabling but I am excited to see where this will all lead to. I am excited to make a difference and I am excited to be involved in the rally. I wish my boyfriend would be there to support something I am working on, but he is working. It makes me wonder if he would be there though, if he wasn't working

No comments:

Post a Comment